Legacies and In-Memoriam Donations
Legacies and In-Memoriam Donations
Thank you very much for choosing to remember UCL Hospitals Charitable Foundation in your Will, or by making a donation to us in memory of a loved one. We are extremely grateful to you for doing so, because by choosing to leave a legacy or by making a donation in honour of someone who has passed away, you enable us to continue helping UCLH NHS Foundation Trust deliver cutting edge research and first-class patient care.
UCL Hospitals Charitable Foundation raises funds for equipment, building projects and research across all of the UCLH NHS Foundation Trust hospitals.
From supporting the world renowned Lungs for Living lung cancer research team, helping to raise the funds to build the UCH Macmillan Cancer Centre to paying for cupcake decorating activities on the Young Person’s Unit, our projects are diverse and patient focused. UCLH sees over 1 million patients, has more than 125,000 visits to our Emergency Department and delivers over 6,000 babies.
Maybe you or someone you love has been cared for by UCLH? We are fortunate that much of our support comes from people, or the loved ones of people, who have received medical treatment here and are keen to support us in return.
By choosing to leave a legacy or by making a donation in honour of someone who has passed away, our supporters enable us to continue helping UCLH NHS Foundation Trust deliver cutting edge research and first-class patient care. At UCL Hospitals Charitable Foundation we are very grateful to those who choose to leave us a gift in their Will, or to make a donation to us in memory of a loved one. This support leaves a lasting legacy that will change the lives of others.
How to leave us a gift in your will
Leaving a legacy gift is an important decision. We have information, support and advice available to make the process as simple as possible.
1) State in your will that you would like to leave a gift with us. We advise that you use a solicitor or professional Will-writer to make sure your Will is legal and valid.
2) If you would like your gift to go towards a specific project please speak to us.
3) Include our full name, to make sure that the money goes to the right place. UCL Hospitals Charitable Foundation, Registered Charity Number (1077638).
4) It would be wonderful if you could let us know if you have already written us into your Will. We are very grateful for your support.
What types of gift can you leave?
There are many different types of gifts that you can leave in a Will, below are a few examples:
- A share of your estate - after you've provided for your family and friends, you can leave a share, or the remainder, of your estate to us. This is called a 'residuary gift'.
- A cash gift - this is when you leave an exact sum of money to us. It's known as a 'pecuniary gift'.
- A gift in trust - you can leave a gift for someone to use over a period of time. When the time has ended, the gift can be passed on to other recipients, such as a charity.
Recent changes to the rules on inheritance tax mean that if you leave 10% of your estate to charity, you pay less tax. You can find out more about this by clicking here. If you live in Scotland then you should consider the effect of legal rights. Get more information about legal rights from a solicitor, or by clicking here.
Find more information on how to leave us a gift in your Will by downloading our information pack here .
If you have any other queries please call Shirley Featherstone on 020 3447 9558, or email email@example.com. Thank you.
Leaving an In-Memoriam gift
Leaving a gift in memory of a loved one is a fantastic way of leaving a lasting tribute, keeping your loved one's memory alive whilst making a positive difference to the lives of others. However big or small, any amount that you choose to donate will make a real difference to our work.
There are several ways in which you can make an In-Memoriam gift, below are a few examples;
- Set up a tribute page on justgiving to raise money in memory of your loved one (to do this go to www.justgiving.com/uclh and click on the orange 'Fundraise for us' button on the top right hand side of the page).
- Make a donation to us, every penny helps - click here for more information on how to make a donation.
- Ask friends and family to make a donation instead of giving flowers at a funeral or memorial service.